캐나다 연료 규정
Offering both Verification and Feedstock Certification under The Canadian Clean Fuels Regulation (CFR)
What is the Canadian Fuels Regulation?
The Canadian Fuels Regulation (CFR) is a regulation that sets the requirements for selling transportation fuels into Canadian markets. The regulation was launched in March 2021 and sets out mandatory minimum lifecycle carbon intensity performance requirements that liquid fuel producers must meet, with the aim of reducing the carbon intensity of liquid fuels by at least 12% by 2030.
SCS Global Services is in the process of an ANAB certificate scope expansion under ISO 14064-3 to include verification of Low-CI fuels, and associated Low-CI fuels transactions, entering Canadian markets under the Canadian Fuels Regulation (CFR).
In addition to offering the above audit services, SCS is working with independent company, SCS Standards, to develop of a third-party feedstock certification scheme (CS). This CS will be available to certify feedstock used to produce low-carbon-intensity fuels is compliant with the CFR Land Use and Biodiversity (LUB) criteria. The LUB criteria will come into effect January 1st, 2024.
SCS를 선택하는 이유는 무엇입니까?
SCS has been providing high-quality verification services of biofuel and alternative fuel supply chains for approximately 10 years and has more than 25 years of experience in agriculture, greenhouse gas, and forestry certification.
SCS also verifies biofuel pathways under the Low Carbon Fuel Standard (LCFS), the Oregon Clean Fuels Program (CFP), the International Sustainability and Carbon Certification system (ISCC), and will be an approved verification body in Brazil’s Renovabio program by the end of 2023. If interested, we also have expertise in RSB, RSPO, Bonsucro, and the Colombia Resolution 1962.
- Verification Process
Verifications under Sector 2 - Renewable/Bio/Low-CI Fuels that covers either:
- Compliance Category 2 – Supply of low-carbon fuels, and
- Compliance Category 3 – Supply of fuel or energy to advanced vehicle technologies
Feedstock Certification in compliance with CFR. Details regarding this standard will be released in the summer of 2023 and additional details will be provided here.
Verification Report Types:
- Approval of carbon-intensity for low-carbon intensity fuels, compressed and liquefied gases (sub-section 80(1))
- Temporary approval of carbon-intensity or low-carbon intensity fuels, compressed and liquified gases (sub-section 90(1))
- Annual credit creation report from the end-use fuel switching (section 120)
- Credit adjustment report from the supply of low-carbon-intensity fuel or from end-user fuel switching that relates to a low-carbon-intensity-fuel (section 122) (Note: The report is not required to be verified if no compliance credits were created during the compliance period to which the report relates)
- Carbon intensity pathway report (section 123)
- Material balance report (section 124)
1. 범위 지정 및 프로젝트 개시
- Client submits application and requests a quote for verification
- SCS는 프로젝트 범위를 확인하고 고객에게 의무 없는 가격 견적을 제공합니다.
- Client signs Work Order and returns to SCS to begin the verification process
- SCS prepares verification plan and sampling plan
2. 현장 감사
- SCS는 현장 평가 전에 클라이언트 문서를 검토합니다.
- SCS 감사인은 고객 운영에 대한 현장 평가를 수행합니다.
- SCS drafts verification report in compliance with CFR and provides client with a report of findings
3. 시정 조치
- 클라이언트는 필요한 시정 조치에 응답합니다.
- SCS는 시정 작업을 검토하고 확인합니다.
4. Verification Report and Statement
- SCS completes verification report and associated filings
- 독립적 인 검토자는 증거와 결과를 검토
- SCS finalizes the verification report and submits to the Canadian ECCC, Low Carbon Fuels Division
인증은 서명된 작업 주문부터 최종 결정까지 완료하는 데 평균 3개월이 걸립니다. 타임라인은 현장 감사가 예약된 시기에 따라 달라질 수 있습니다.
*SCS Global Standards will update this webpage with information regarding the Feedstock Certification Process once that audit process has been created by SCS Standards and approved by ECCC.
- 숙련된 인증 팀의 간소화되고 응답성이 뛰어난 서비스
- 20년 이상의 연료 컨설팅 및 검증 경험
시작할 준비가 되었거나 자세한 정보가 필요하신가요? 문의하세요.