Health Product Declarations (HPDs)
Material Ingredient Disclosures
What are Health Product Declarations (HPDs)?
Health Product Declarations (HPDs) provide a full disclosure of the potential chemicals of concern in products by comparing product ingredients to a set of priority “hazard” lists based on the GreenScreen for Safer Chemicals and additional lists from other government agencies. HPDs qualify for numerous green building schemes, including LEED v4, WELL, Google Portico, and Living Product Challenge.
1. Full Service (Preparation and Verification): In partnership with a leading toxicology firm, SCS will prepare and verify your HPDs. SCS will manage the entire process from start to finish.
2. HPD Verification: If you have already prepared an HPD, SCS will verify the HPD and provide you with a verified HPD.SCS is both a member of the Health Product Declaration Collaborative (HPDC) and has been appointed to serve on the Third Party Verification Technical Subgroup by the HPDC Technical Committee.
- Program Documents
- HPDC Registration
- Client registers for HPD Online Builder account on HPDC.
- The Builder facilitates the data collection process.
- Build the HPD
- Determine the number of HPDs needed to cover products being disclosed (multiple products may be grouped under one HPD).
- Collect material composition tables, associated SDS/MSDS, supporting documentation, and identify CASRNs for each substance.
- Check for potential health hazards associated with each CASRN and draft HPD.
- The client submits HPD to SCS for verification.
- Upon successful verification, a certificate and logo are issued to client, and is added to the HPD Public Repository and SCS Green Products Guide.
- An HPD is valid for 3 years with annual surveillance audits.
SCS partners with our toxicologists to:
- Qualifies for:
- USGBC LEED v4 MR credit for Building Product Disclosure and Optimization for Material Ingredients
- Google’s Healthy Materials Program and listed in Portico
- The WELL Building Standard® for Enhanced Material Safety
- ILFI Living Product Challenge (LPC) for Net Positive Material Health Imperative
- Supported by the nation’s top architecture and design firms
- Flexibility on how to report risk and exposure
- Meets customer demand for material transparency
- Cost and time effective, and gateway to C2C and Declare
- Confirms accuracy of the disclosed content
Ready to get started or need more info? Connect with us.